Angled like a pen for smooth delivery of the ChloraPrep solution, these applicators facilitate one-step aseptic preparation of the patient's skin. The sponge pad helps control the flow of the solution while providing a friction scrub. An innovative wing design releases the solution into the sponge with just a gentle squeeze. The 3mL volume will cover a 4" x 5" area.
ChloraPrep is a patient preoperative skin preparation that is a fast-acting, persistent and broad-spectrum antiseptic suitable for a wide range of medical procedures. ChloraPrep's antiseptic formulation has clinically proven continual anti-microbial power, with more than 50 studies confirming why it belongs in every OR.
The ChloraPrep formulation uses a combination of chlorhexidine (CHG) and isopropyl alcohol (IPA) to provide both the rapid killing of bacteria and persistent antimicrobial activity. IPA rapidly kills microorganisms by denaturing cell proteins, while CHG maintains persistent antimicrobial activity by disrupting the cell membrane and precipitating cell contents. Additionally, CHG is able to bind to the skin and retain antimicrobial activity in the presence of blood and other organic material. The unique dual formulation has been shown to outperform iodine-based products.
- 2% chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) / 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) formulation
- Rapidly kills a broad spectrum of skin-dwelling microorganisms
- Maintains antimicrobial activity for at least 48 hours
- Effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
- ChloraPrep outperforms iodine-based products
- Remains active in the presence of blood, serum, and other protein-rich biomaterials
- Sterile, single-use applicator design eliminates direct hand-to-patient contact, helping to reduce cross-contamination
- Applied in a gentle back and forth motion, the sponge head helps the solution to penetrate the first five cell layers of the epidermis
- Triangular head allows precise prepping around catheters
- Glass ampoule ensures a sterile solution is applied to the patients skin upon activation
- Tinted Hi-Lite Orange 3mL Applicator
- Coverage area (approx): 4" x 5"
- Latex Free and DEHP Free
- Two year shelf life
- 25 sterile applicators per carton